How we work
At Hoarder Cleanout Michigan, we understand what a difficult and sensitive experience a hoarder cleanout can be. We treat everyone involved with dignity and without judgment.
While popular television shows cast hoarders in a sensationalistic light, those who care for someone with this unfortunate disorder know that hoarding is no made-for-TV matter.
Hoarders have an extremely difficult time parting with any possessions, for a variety of reasons. In addition, about half of people with hoarding behaviors suffer a major depressive condition, making the thought of de-cluttering even more intimidating. Most of the time, it is someone close to a hoarder who steps forward to facilitate a fresh start.
Compassion and patience are just as important as the quality of the work itself to us. By the time we hear from a hoarder's loved one (it is very rarely the hoarder who contacts us first), we know everyone involved is already dealing with a sensitive situation. With that in mind, we strive to be quick, thorough, and transparent in our process.
What to expect when you call Hoarder Cleanout Michigan
- A representative from Hoarder Cleanout Michigan will come to your site and conduct a thorough, no-cost estimate.
- Unlike most hoarding cleanout services, we strive to include the hoarder in the process every step of the way. It's been our experience that this the best way to achieve a successful outcome.
- When possible, we will recycle, upcycle or donate items, though often this is a limited opportunity and dependent on the current condition of the home and contents.
- We’ll haul everything away and leave the property broom-swept.
- You’ll provide any needed dumpsters or we can provide them for a charge.
Once a hoarder’s home is cleaned out, we can arrange for deep cleaning, painting, new flooring and whatever else is needed to make the space habitable or salable.
Learn more about these additional services - designed to make your experience as simple and hassle-free as possible - on our Turnkey solutions page, then call us today for a prompt and courteous on-site estimate at no cost.
Click below to learn more about helping yourself or your loved one with hoarding disorder.
Hoarder Cleanout Michigan serves communities throughout the state
Alpena, Ann Arbor, Baldwin, Bay City, Bear Lake, Benzonia, Beulah, Big Rapids, Boon, Buckley, Cadillac, Cedar, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Elberta, Escanaba, Flint, Frankfort, Gaylord, Grand Haven, Grand Rapids, Grawn, Grayling, Harbor Springs, Holland, Honor, Houghton, Interlochen, Iron Mountain, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Kalkaska, Kingsley, Lake Ann, Lake Leelanau, Lansing, Leland, Ludington, Mackinaw City, Manistee, Manton, Maple City, Marquette, Menominee, Mesick, Midland, Mt. Pleasant, Muskegon, Newberry, Northport-Omena, Petoskey, Portage, Reed City, Saginaw, Sault Sainte Marie, St. Ignace, Suttons Bay, Torch Lake, Traverse City, West Branch - and more